🙂 + 🙂
DJing is a way to make friends and form a musical community.
Explore its possibilities!
For videos in English you can activate subtitles in Spanish, click on the icon at the bottom left and select “English (auto-generate)”, then in the “Auto-translate” menu that will appear go to the option “Spanish”.
To familiarize yourself with the basic terminology of DJing, here is a glossary that will help you in your preparation.
1. This first video explains the basic terms of Tempo and BPM (Beat per minute) applied to some musical styles. These concepts are essential to become a DJ and will be very useful to start with your first mixes.
2. In this video you will learn the introductory concepts to DJing, in a professional booth environment, and you will also learn the basic functions of a mixer (Mixer).
3. This is the continuation of the previous video, where the basics of Beatmatching (time synchronization between two tracks) are explored. Beatmatching is one of the techniques that you should practice more as it is the fundamental pillar of any DJ act.
4. Get to know the basic functions of the Pioneer XDJ-1000 MK2, a professional USB player that has become a standard in the DJing industry along with other more advanced equipment from the same brand.This will be the player you will use on the day of your presentation.
5. Rekordbox is the program that will help you prepare your DJ session and export it to a USB. This way your music tracks can be read and played correctly on Pioneer players (like the one you saw in the video above).